Dry Fog has many advantages over dry dust collection systems commonly referred to as Bag-houses. These Dry Fog advantages include:
- Dry fog is typically up to 4 times less costly to purchase, operate and maintain. See Cost comparisons Dry Fog versus collection submitted to the U.S. Environmantl Protection Agency (USEPA) by a PRB Coal Mine.
- No duct work is required.
- No secondary waste stream to deal with.
- Reduced explosion hazard as we do not collect the dust where it is contained waiting for an ignition source.
- No moving parts to repair or replace.
- Considered BACT for PRB Coal Conveying systems by the Wyoming DEQ.
- Now rated as Best Demonstrated Technology or BDT for subbituminous coal handling by the U.S.E.P.A.
View Video of Dust Discharge of a PRB Coal Mine Bag-house before Dry Fog. Note dust is still coming off the belt when collecting, then a large discharge of dust when purging to the belt.